How can I get an Australian PR visa?



This is the most common question that I encounter in dealing with people who have hopes of making Australia their new home and it is usually followed by how do I know if I am eligible and how do I start the process?

In the last financial year covering July 2014 until June 2015, the Department of Immigration received about 1.4 million temporary visa applications according to the OMARA’s Migration Agent Activity Report. Temporary visa holders are everywhere in Australia and some of them has fallen in love with our country and would want to stay here permanently.

There is no straight forward answer to this question because it would all depend on the person’s qualification, age, English ability, job offer from an employer in Australia, work experience, immediate relatives in Australia, and if the person’s qualification or work experience is in the Skilled Occupation Lists (CSOL or SOL). However, here are some key questions that you should be asking yourself just to get an idea if you can be eligible for a PR visa or not.

  1. Does my job role (previous and or current) relate to any role in the Consolidated Skilled Occupation List (CSOL or SOL)? These lists can be found on the Department of Immigration’s website,
  2. Will my qualification and or work experience be recognised as equivalent to the Australian qualification or work experience requirements?
  3. Do I have an employer who can sponsor me for a PR visa?
  4. Do I have a relative in Australia who can sponsor me?
  5. Do I have enough migration points (if applying for General Skilled Migration)?

Finding the answers to these question can be tough or it may be easy for others. For the people who need assistance in answering these basic questions and for those who do not have the time to research on their own, it would be best to get advice from Registered Migration Agents (RMAs) or Immigration Lawyers. Remember that immigration advice can only be provided legally by RMAs and lawyers registered with the Office of the MARA. Look for your agent’s or lawyer’s MARN number (you can find this in their business card or their website) and check if their registration is current at the OMARA’s website

*Johanna Bertumen Nonato is a Registered Migration Agent (MARN 1386856) and business owner of BridgeAus Migration Consultancy (with offices in Melbourne, Australia and Makati, Philippines). Johanna is here to help you unravel your new beginnings in Australia. For inquiries, please email or call 0427-589274. For a free PR visa eligibility assessment, please visit

DISCLAMER: The article above is meant to provide general information on the basic questions that one should be asking in order to determine his/her PR visa eligibility. Specific advice based on your unique situation should be coursed through a Registered Migration Agent or an Immigration Lawyer.

nolvadex nolvadex buy