Permanent Residency Visas


Becoming an Australian Permanent Resident or an Australian citizen lets you live in Australia permanently and gives you access to subsidised tuition fee, health and medical benefits and other social welfare benefits.  There are different visa pathways available if you intend to migrate to Australia.  For those whose occupation is listed under the Department of Home Affairs’ occupation skills list, there are visa options that you may be eligible for:

  • Permanent Residency Visas under the General Skilled Migration (GSM) stream
    • Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189)
    • Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)
    • Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491)
  • Employer Sponsored Visas
    • Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186) visa
    • Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 494)
  • Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) visa (subclass 191)

Family members of Australian Permanent Residents or Australian citizens can also gain permanent residency visas in Australia if they were included in a combined visa application with their spouse/partner or parents.   See the Family Visas section for other family visa options.

If you want to check your eligibility for any of these visas, chat with us or email us at to book your consultation with any of our Registered Migration Agents.

Check out this video about PR visa options in Australia.  This was recorded a few years ago but some of its concepts may still be applicable today.  You can get advice based on the most up to date Migration legislation during our consultation session.